This is a well designed, powerful Skagit line designed for modern spey rods in the 12-13' range. Right now we have this line available in the 510 grain version but we will build this lineup out over time. I've cast this head on my 13' 7wt Sage MOD and Winston Nimbus 12'9" 7wt and found it to be really intuitive, and surprisingly effortless and powerful. It's a few feet shorter than some other Skagits on the market. It loads up quite and turns over with the best of em. -Marcus
From Scientific Anglers
We have completely redesigned our Skagit head series for 2021. Leaving the traditional, level-belly Skagit tapers behind, our new lines are fully tapered from end to end. This provides the smoothest power delivery from the rod, through the line, to the tip, and ultimately to the fly. We have painstakingly optimized the tip diameter of these heads to cover a broad spectrum of sink tip lengths and weights. No matter what you attach to the end, this line will deliver it accurately with authority.
The floating head is available in a visible, but not obnoxious, sky blue color. The back of the head is identified with a black band that contrasts well with bright colored shooting lines.
- Compact, powerful design with fully tapered belly for consistent turnover and accurate delivery
- Designed to be used with sink tips for targeting steelhead and salmon
- High contrast sighter at the rear of the head identifies the perfect overhang
- Intermediate sink density swings flies deeper and slower than a floating head
- Braided multifilament core for moderate and cold climates
SA_SKAGIT_XXX_GR_F – (### = grain weight)